Help, Airport Extreme 4th gen extend wireless with ASUS n55u

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sorol89, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Sorol89 macrumors newbie

Hi, internet is connected with Asus n55u next to TV with IPTV and I want to use airport extreme ethernet cabled to my desktop with extended wifi mode so that my desktop is provided with internet. I spent 2 good hours searching how to do it... wont buzz at all... can any1 help me?

Basically I want Asus - wireless connection - airport extreme - ethernet cable - desktop.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

You cannot have the Extreme wirelessly extending the signal! In that, I mean it cannot repeat the signal. If using AirPort Utility on a Mac or iOS device, simply reset the base station and set it to "Join" your network put out by your ASUS router. When set to Join mode, it will do what you want.

3. COrocket macrumors 6502

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4259

Looks like you need to do the bottom portion of this article to add the AE to the network then plug in the ethernet cable from the desktop to the AE.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

In order to wirelessly extend a network, the first router in the chain must be an Apple router. However, "Join" mode is supported on most routers without issue. Join mode allows the Ethernet ports to act as LAN devices and also allows USB sharing if configured.