HELP ~~ Airport Extreme Base Station "n" version

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CiBoys, Oct 1, 2007.

1. CiBoys macrumors regular

CiBoys

I use DSL from SBC yahoo "at&t" connected with an Airport Ex. Base Station "n".

Every 2 days or so, i experience very very slow connection on all my macs via wireless; iMac C2d, MacBook, and my powerbooks. sometimes the page would load and sometimes it wouldn't. My imac g4 would be fine connected through LAN.

After resetting the Base Station it would be fine and somethimes i have to do a hard reset and set up the Station all over again. Whats worng??

2. Kelmon macrumors 6502a

Kelmon

Which firmware version is your router running (you can see this if you open the Airport Utility application and double-click your Airport Extreme)? Also, do you have a USB hard drive connected to the router? The reason why I ask is that v7.2 caused me problems with Airport Extreme where I'd see slow performance following a back-up to the USB drive to the point where I'd need to restart the router. Version 7.2.1 resolved that problem but introduced a new issue so I ended up going back to 7.1.1 and everything seems to be OK at the moment (reverting to 7.1.1 is probably only an option if you have the older unit without the Gigabit Ethernet port).