Help. All browsers freezing.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dustinsc, Jun 16, 2011.

1. dustinsc macrumors regular

I'm getting this weird thing with all three browsers on my system where it will let me open a couple of pages, but then everything freezes after a few seconds to a few minutes. Chrome seems to be the most stable, but eventually Safari, Firefox, and Chrome all succumb to a strange freezing issue. I have to force quit the app and reopen the browser, at which point the process starts over again.

Other computers and devices work on the network, and other apps (like mail) don't have any trouble connecting to the internet.

I've never seen this problem before. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Well, the first thing for troubleshooting an issue like this is think about what has changed lately. Also, you have 3 programs with the same failure - what is common about the failure - maybe a common plugin? A common web page?

3. dustinsc thread starter macrumors regular

I can't be positive, but I think this was related to Google Music. I removed all traces of Google Music (since the problem appeared about the same time) and rebooted, and the problem resolved. Google Music is not real useful and more of a pain than anything anyway.