Help - am I just unlucky or did ATT screw me?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jjd, Dec 20, 2008.

1. jjd macrumors regular

I bought a 3G three months ago - immediately took out the SIM replaced it with my ATT Blackberry SIM (payed for by my work). Planned to cancel at 1 month but did not until just this week. Again - I am using another ATT SIM so I have had no need to unlock the phone (unlike with the 2G). Everything has been working fine (no visual voicemail but otherwise full functionality). Until today - I had trouble syncing so recycled the pone - now I get a restore message with the added info that the IMEI and ICCIS are not recognized. Is this coincidence or did ATT somehow block my phone now that original account is not working.

I have tried to restore multiple times - will not work. Have put it in to DFU mode. No love. And I have tried all of it with the original SIM as well. UGH. I just get a message on iTunes saying the phone it is unable to recover (error code is 2005).

I guess I could just be unlucky that the phone has failed - but seems awfully coincidental. I am going to get hosed when I bring it back to Apple I think because they will either see that my account is cx'd or that I have the wrong SIM in there (depending on which one I use).

UGH UGH - any ideas?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Put the original SIM in there, and take it to the Apple store. They won't care if you paid the ETF or if you still have a contract, as long as the phone is still under warranty.