HELP - Am i missing something?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by capoditutti, Apr 11, 2007.

1. capoditutti macrumors 6502

capoditutti

I've been installing XP on various machines since 2004, and i know every time not to get caught out on the regional settings part in initial setup. I know that i set everything up for my liking and preference (UK settings), but since i finished the setup and booted into windows, it's been refusing to give me the "@" sign when i press 2 - instead keeping it at shift+comma indicating the "@" sign. I must add that i had downloaded and installed the latest version of bootcamp, and burnt a new driver cd with the latest drivers.

The way i've set this machine up is the same way i set up my 2.13C2D, but that didnt give me this problem.

HELP!

cApO

2. capoditutti thread starter macrumors 6502

capoditutti

Anybody help me out! Still getting this problem on a Stock 2.16 C2D MBPro with BootCamp 1.2 and WinXP Pro

3. 66217 Guest

Two things I can recommend:

1- Download and install BootCamp 1.3

2- Re-check that you have the keyboard configuration to the one you need.

4. capoditutti thread starter macrumors 6502

capoditutti

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=312186

I've already had a different problem with Bootcamp 1.3 on the same machine. funny thing is it's not even mine. I'm thinking of getting VMWARE for mine - this is for someone else. Ever since i switched, every1 i know wants a MPRo with XP running on it...