Help an older gal with likely simple fixes...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alwaysrunnin, Oct 18, 2011.

1. alwaysrunnin macrumors newbie

Okay I don't see these questions anywhere so it means I'm really missing something is my guess... but I need help, so here goes:

1. On my 3GS, I could get my email anywhere... the 4GS keeps asking for a wifi connection. What setting do I have wrong?

2. The sound is very low and I can barely hear people who call. Is there a setting for this I'm missing? Turning up the ringer does not help.

Sorry if these are inane and silly but I can't stand not getting my email unless I've got wifi, I can't find a setting to change! There is no doubt you guys know exactly what's wrong! :D

Thank you for your assistance!
    Sam

2. alwaysrunnin thread starter macrumors newbie

175 views and no help? LOL

Good thing I figured both out myself. :cool:
    I'd delete the thread, but I don't see that option.

Sorry for wasting bandwidth!

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Check settings, general, network and make sure the option is on to allow it to access data, when not on wifi. I believe some carriers have it off by default.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

In call volume is different, just use your volume buttons to adjust it.

5. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

This will sound silly, but did you take the plastic covering off the screen yet? If not, that may be why you are having trouble hearing people during phone conversations.

6. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

It's NOT silly, I have seen it several times before.
    If she does a Google search using the mic, I'll prolly say "no mic" as well -

She said she was an "older gal", and prolly still has plastic covering her couches as well - ;)