Help? Angry IP Scanner 3.0 Beta

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DracosIgnis, Jan 10, 2009.

1. DracosIgnis macrumors newbie

Hello all..

After recently switching to a MBP, I have been trying to handle all of my IT needs natively on the Mac to reduce my dependencies on Parallels/Windows.

So, for an IP scanning tool, I ran across Angry IP scanner, which looks great from the screenshots.

I downloaded the 3.0 beta / application bundle but I'm not having much luck getting it to work. I've got the latest version of Java installed as their site recommends, however when I launch the program, I get the bouncing icon in the dock for about 5 seconds and then it just disappears.

Any ideas as what I may be missing or overlooking?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Maybe download it again? I just finished bundling my Java applet for my dad's work, and I ran into this same problem with my applet. From my end, I forgot to add a class file. From your end, maybe the download process was corrupted. This happens sometimes when the connection s broken at some point.

3. DracosIgnis thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.

I should have mentioned that I tried a reinstall of the Java Update 2 for the Mac and also downloaded the previous beta 2 and 1 versions of Angry IP, still the same result, a quick bounce in the dock and it's gone.

Mike

4. DracosIgnis thread starter macrumors newbie