Help! Another duplicate MobileMe Account thread!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Icaras, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Alright, so all of a sudden, I'm struck with this really silly and completely unnecessary dilemma. I now have a duplicate account of MobileMe on my iphone. I've googled quite a bit on this issue and it seems that there are many users who also are experiencing some form of duplicate problem with their mail, and with no solutions in sight.

So at first, MobileMe was functioning quite properly for me (ignoring the madness of the initial launch week of course). But early this week I signed up for an IMAP Gmail account for my domain website in Apple mail, and it was right after I synced to my iphone that things started to go awry.

Now, all of a sudden I got a duplicate MobileMe account on my iPhone. I was seeing two MobileMe accounts in the settings and in the Mail program. So I went in and deleted one of the accounts, but now whenever I sync to my iphone, I get the following error message after the backup is completed:

"iTunes could not sync mail accounts to the iPhone because an error occurred remapping record identifiers."

Ok so I know I haven't been able to find a solution for this yet, but would anyone have any insight on this issue? There really is no negative impact on my functionality and use of MobileMe for me. All my over-the-air syncing and push is working just fine. Its just the error I get from iTunes after every sync is getting annoying.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. Icaras thread starter macrumors 603

Icaras

Problem Solved

Sorry for everyone's time. I solved it simply by manually deleting both mail accounts on my iphone, then reconnecting and resyncing the mail accounts by connecting the phone to my mac. Anyway hope that helps for anyone experiencing the same issue as I am.

:eek::eek::eek: