Help! Anybody.. please...Iphone 4 doesnt turn on.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Miphone2012, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Miphone2012 macrumors newbie

Hi all, Bought a factory unlocked iphone 3 months back and all was good until a couple of days back when the phone switches off automatically. It turned on a couple of times, but i guess now its completely dead..

1. When connected to the wall charger, the apple symbol appears:apple:. After 10 minutes its proceeds towards Activation Requied, Connect to itunes page.
    If i remove the charger the screen switches off immediately, How do i connect it to itunes if it swiches off when disconnected from Wall charger?(it doesnt charge when connected to the laptop, although all other ports are unused, tried it with a desktop too)

2.I have tried pressing the home/power button for 10 seconds and it doesnt work, i mean it shows the apple symbol but doesnt proceed further.

3. Is it a hardware or a software issue? I have even restored the phone back to factory settings but still wont work.. Is it a damaged battery? Damaged Processor?

P.S : I stay in a different country from the one i purchased, so cannot ask for help from apple store/service.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

It should charge from usb, try a different cable.

Otherwise let it chairge for a good while and than connect usb to itunes

3. Miphone2012 thread starter macrumors newbie

Way to go apple!

Thank you Trijet Hero, The problem was the battery, I was in another country "
    from the one purchased" so had to go to the local electronics Mobile store. He changed the battery for $40. The phone is back to business.

I would like to thank apple at this juncture for their attitude not to fix phones bought outside/other countries even though its a factory unlocked one from the apple store. It was my b'day a couple of days back and everyone who called me was turned down. They later say "Throw away your iphone"!