Help! Anyone know how to fix this Firefox Issue???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VideoNewbie, Aug 31, 2013.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

i was using firefox and i accidentally clicked on something and this bookmark menu popped up it doesnt move, it doesnt close, but the links within (i whited them out for privacy purpose) are active and clickable

i tried quitting firefox and it still remains floating and covering part of the screen .

i cant restart my computer because im running a bunch of applications right now

how do i get this thing to go away!?

pls see here
    [​IMG]

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I know you said you tried to quit Firefox, but have you tried force quit Firefox once it is open? Otherwise I would say reboot, but you do not want to do that at the moment. I am a user of Firefox for many years and have never seen this behavior with Bookmarks which I use a lot.

3. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

do you know what this window even is? if i hover my mouse over the right hand side it has a slider that i can toggle up and down with

[​IMG]

it pretty much shows all my bookmarks i cant move it around though it just stays in the same place

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Have never seen bookmarks open like that. That is why I do not have a lot of suggestions. I tried to open them every which way before I posted and was unable to reproduce what you have. Do you have a bookmark plugin that might be causing it? Otherwise I am lost.

5. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

christ this is so frustrating i even relaunched finder and its still there.
    its obviously a design of some sort because it even has that little arrow pointed to the side