Help, anyone? Uneven screen :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by quadcoreguy, Jan 28, 2012.

1. quadcoreguy macrumors member

Hey guys thanks for reading this . I bought an early 2011 MacBook pro last year, around may. I have to admit its a beast when it comes to productivity but there's this small issue- the screen. No, it's not uneven backlighting. The gap between the screen and the base of the mbp varies on both sides when it's partially opened, probably about 5 cm open. The right side seems lower in comparison to the left side. Though it doesn't affect usability , but still, it all comes back to OCD. :rolleyes:
    And no I can't bring it to a genius bar just because apple didn't have the idea of a retail outlet in malaysia. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Or am I the only one here HAHAH thanks in advance guys !

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Does it sit flat when closed? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. If you commonly push the screen open from somewhere not quite centered, it will torque the screen to that side.

3. quadcoreguy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Hey thanks for the prompt reply . It sits flat though . I make an effort to remember lifting the screen from the centre latch . Hm
    Maybe I'm just overreacting .

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Mine seems to be flat, but as long as it functions fine I wouldn't worry about it. A slight torque like that can happen for any number of reasons, but it doesn't seem to be affecting performance.