Help anyone with Mac Pro 3,1 10.9

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Could you please stick a usb stick in, run boot camp assistant and tick the support software and see if it downloads the boot camp drivers for Windows 7 please?

After a box pops up saying its for Windows 7 only it's pops up another dialog box that the software isn't available on the update server. It's been like that since Sunday. I will be relieved to know I'm not the only one cos it's holding me finishing off my software setup :confused:

Thanks

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Bump - it still says no Mac Pro 3,1 bootcamp 5.1 software for Windows 7 is available on the software update server. Been a week now!

I don't want any 10.9 3,1 user to install bootcamp - nothing anywhere near as drastic, just tick the software support box only and see if it downloads.

batmandela

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
Durban • Los Angeles
Hi,

I formatted a USB Flash drive to FAT32 - ran Boot Camp Assistant - Version 5.1.2 (484) - and selected Download Windows supprt software. A screen pooped up telling me my computer only supported Windows 7 - I accepted and continued. The download now seems to be frozen about 15% of the way. I'll leave it going for a while. If it downloads completely, I'll stuff it and YouSendIt to you if you want...

I'm in South Africa. Running 10.9.5 on a crippled macPro 3,1 (one of my processors just went AWOL!)

Hope this helps...

batmandela

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
Durban • Los Angeles
It finally downloaded. I have compressed it and am uploading it to my Dropbox.

DM me with your emails and I'll send you a link - if you are interested.

I'll store it for a few days then going to have to delete it to make space.

Peace.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
It finally downloaded. I have compressed it and am uploading it to my Dropbox.
DM me with your emails and I'll send you a link - if you are interested.
I'll store it for a few days then going to have to delete it to make space.
Peace.
The OP started this thread a couple of years ago, so the OP may have resolved the problem and moved on. It was very kind of you to help out, but I hope they are not still waiting.

batmandela

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
Durban • Los Angeles
The OP started this thread a couple of years ago, so the OP may have resolved the problem and moved on. It was very kind of you to help out, but I hope they are not still waiting.
Haha. Too funny. I misread their post dates. Saw 2015 instead of 2013... That post was suggested to me because I guess I just posted about my sad Mac woes.

Thanks for pointing that out. Doh!

(Yes - I hope they aren't still waiting!)

Reactions: CoastalOR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.