HELP: Apple TV not recognizing Wireless Networks

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by has154, Oct 20, 2009.

1. has154 macrumors newbie

Help! My Apple TV is no longer recognizing my (or any other) wireless connection. I am using Airport Express for my wireless, which only has 1 port, so it does not allow for direct ethernet connection from my router to my Apple TV. This is very frustrating because they are both apple products and I would think there is some way to get these two devices to work together. Please let me know if you have any other solutions.

2. justaregularjoe macrumors 6502

Sorry, but I must ask the n00b questions:

1) did you ensure that the AE is functioning?
    2) Did you set up a compatible wirless network with the Airport setup?
    3) is the AE in range of the :apple:tv?

3. has154 thread starter macrumors newbie

Additional Info

1) Yes I know my airport express is functioning properly because I have to Mac laptops that are using the signal.
    2) I am not sure what a "compatible wirless network" would be
    3) Yes. In fact, at one one point I literally moved them next to each other.

Important to note...

My laptop detects 13 other wireless networks besides mine. There is no reason Apple TV shouldn't do the same.

Also, I even took the Apple TV apart to make sure that the plugs were still connected to the airport card.

4. wildwell macrumors newbie

wildwell

I had constant problems with my Apply TV staying on the wifi network too. I tried two different routers (D-Link and Belkin) on every channel possible with no improvement.

I eventually bought another ethernet switcher and 50' of cable to hardwire the thing into the network and have had few problems since. It can still be a little slow at times, but at least it stays on the network.