Help: Apple Wireless KB + Mighty Mouse?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by MasterJack, May 14, 2010.

1. MasterJack macrumors newbie

My wonderful wife had these two items waiting for me when I got home last night. I want to use that KB instead of the dock one for portability but I can't seem to get both KB and mouse working. Can I run both Btkeyboard and Btmouse together or will I have to use the docked KB and then run Btmouse?

Thanks,

John

Edit: It's the MAGIC MOUSE not MIGHTY MOUSE... sorry.

2. DKatri macrumors 6502

Not sure if you can run more than one Bluetooth device at the same time. Also I read that there have been issues with the mighty mouse with BTstack and only the magic mouse works properly at the moment.

3. MasterJack thread starter macrumors newbie

All,

After some digging (and trying it) I got both working. Just turn off BT on the iPad and purchased BT Keyboard and get BT Mouse (free). Run them both at the same time (well one after the other) and both KB and Mouse are working. Some stuff does not work on the mouse - for the most part it does.

Thanks,

Masterjack

4. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

You mean clicking works on the wireless Mighty Mouse?

Everyone else has issues with clicking with BTStack Mouse and the BT Mighty Mouse.

5. MasterJack thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems there are some areas you can click on, some apps you can't. You can even draw with the mouse in a drawing app. Also you can hold the mouse down on text and get the select menu, then select text with it. Anything in particular you would like me to try?

Masterjack

6. JefferyShin macrumors regular

JefferyShin

Really??? You got your Mighty Mouse working in some apps?

For example?

7. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

But with the Bluetooth Mighty Mouse? Very strange as nobody else has been able to get that mouse working with BTStack Mouse...

8. MasterJack thread starter macrumors newbie

My apologies guys - it's the Magic Mouse (their latest one) not the Mighty Mouse... my bad....

Thanks,

John

9. DarthBrimstone macrumors newbie

Magic Mouse Functionality

I got an Apple Mac iBook G4 laptop, use a Cadmus USB Bluetooth adapter class 1 and got my Magic mouse working. I am using OS X 10.3.9 , the mouse worked on left and right click but no scrolling functionality.

I also installed the bluetooth wireless keyboard...both worked but no scrolling on the Magic mouse. Please help if anyone knows how to solve the scrolling issue.

Does anyone know how to hack so I could scroll functionality on OS X 10.3.9?:(

10. DarthBrimstone macrumors newbie

I used both wireless BT Keyboard and the BT Magic Mouse and both worked on my iBook G4 but I am using OSX 10.3.9 and I got no scrolling function on the Magic mouse. But I got scrolling using my Windows XP laptop.