Help...Apps Are Disappearing as Phone Restores from iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ckd38, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ckd38 macrumors newbie

Got the 6 earlier today and restored from my iCloud account so I could have everything from my iPhone 5. Once the phone came to life and took me to the home screen, it appeared that all my apps were present (just waiting to be restored) but as the restoring has gone on, my apps are disappearing. One by one they are gone from my home screen where I am left with empty folders and apps that vanish. Restoring has gone on for about 4 hours and counting. Slightly concerned...has this happened to anyone? Do you know if the apps will come back when the restore is complete?

2. unobtainium macrumors 68000

Same thing happened to me. They never came back.

3. ckd38 thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you try resetting and restoring from backup again? I might have to brave the mob at an Apple Store if that doesn't work

4. unobtainium macrumors 68000

In my case there were only about 5 missing so I just redownloaded them. And they were all free apps. If you go to the App Store and redownload, is it trying to charge you?

5. ckd38 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it is, which is frustrating since I just saw the app disappear from my home screen as it was being restored. I might try another reset and restore to see what happens.

6. unobtainium macrumors 68000

Yeah it couldn't hurt to try again. If that doesn't work, I would phone support. Stores will probably be crazy for the next couple of weeks.

I'm curious how many people are experiencing this. Really weird bug.