HELP! Apps deleting when syncing!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ritmomundo, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

The last 2 times I synced my iPhone with iTunes, several apps have been deleted completely from my phone, including many games with a LOT of progress! iTunes doesn't even back them up. I can reinstall the apps, but I have to start everything over again (progress, settings, etc)! This is INCREDIBLY frustrating! How do I stop this from happening?

2. Munnichs macrumors member

3. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

then start paying for your apps instead of being cheap. Problem solved.

4. ritmomundo thread starter macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

No, thru the App Store. My device is JB'n, but I don't download pirated apps.

Getting the apps back is not a big deal, but its all the progress that's lost that is the biggest issue.

After doing a bit of research, I think the problem is iTunes. However, aside from uninstalling/reinstalling it, I don't know what else to do.

5. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

My iTunes always did that to. I deleted reinstalled, wiped settings.

No matter what I did, when I would sync, and not every time either, it would delete random apps.

Completely worthless trash.

Hold out for iOS5, ditch it, backup to iCloud.

Books and PDF's also, likes to wipe them as well. Not been able to make sense of the 'Sync' algorithm.

6. ritmomundo thread starter macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Exactly! Not every sync, and seemingly random apps. Since I've got things set up in a bunch of folders, I can see that things are missing, and it takes me a while to figure out exactly which apps got deleted. I'm really hating this right now. I'm gonna try to avoid syncing if at all possible til iOS 5 and the next version of iTunes.