HELP! Apps seems to be registered to someone else. WHAT DO I DO?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cloudpsych03, Oct 23, 2008.

1. cloudpsych03 macrumors newbie

I just got the iphone yesterday brand new from at&t. When I try to download an app it asks me for a password. But above it says an e-mail address that's not mine! As if the phone has already been registered by another user!?!. . . anyone have any ideas about how to fix this???

2. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

3. cloudpsych03 thread starter macrumors newbie

Think so? It was wrapped in cellophane and everything. I watched her open it. You think it's a refurb or something?

4. mdhwoods macrumors regular

sync it with your itunes on your computer and it will fix itself. That is the itunes account of whoever activated it for you.

5. cloudpsych03 thread starter macrumors newbie

You're a genius. I just got the same answer from a guy who works at the iphone hotline place, haha. BUT it took him forever to figure out. He wasn't the brightest individual. Everytime I asked a question he paused and seemed like he was looking it up somewhere even if it was the simplest question.

Does anyone remember what weather locations were pre-stored in their iPhone? Because I had 2. One was New York City, and one was some town from California I'd never heard of.

6. Rigsby macrumors regular

Cupertino, Apple's HQ.

7. cloudpsych03 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Rigsby macrumors regular

It sounds a lot like it was the account of the person who activated it. If you wanted you could restore and have a virgin phone.

If there's nothing else wrong with the phone I'd enjoy it - it's a great device!

9. mdhwoods macrumors regular

lol im my own mind maybe. Im glad you got it figured out.

enjoy it