Help! Are there ANY reliable CD/DVD printers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 8thMan, Aug 31, 2008.

1. 8thMan macrumors regular

8thMan

I need a printer that will do CD/DVDs. I've been through a number of Epsons and none of them appear to be very Mac-friendly. I was looking at an HP D5360 but it does come with any Mac-compatible disc-printing software. Are there any simple and reliable printers out there that will also print on disc media? Thanks for the help.

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well I have had a series of Epson printers that have worked great with CDs and DVDs and I have had no reason to seek anything else. Each time they come out with a new model I tend to upgrade so have had a lot of opportunity to test several models extensively.

Ones I have used have been:
    R200
    R220
    R260
    R280
    RX585 (built in scanner)
    and now the RX680 (with built in scanner and duplex capability)

Each has been fully compatible with every version of OSX that I have used them with. I do choose to use different software than they provide for printing disks as I found it too limiting. A suggestion there would be Discus V. 4 my Magic Mouse Software- just turn off the stupid sound effects and try to ignore the PC-ish interface, because the capabilities and results are VERY nice. You can check it out (and download a demo with a much smaller art library than comes with the full version) at: http://magicmouse.com/