help: Arranging TV shows for ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ibookowner2005, Sep 28, 2007.

1. ibookowner2005 macrumors newbie

Hey,

i have 2 seasons of lost episodes (not bought from the itunes store) in my itunes library.

They are arranged as follows:
    1) they each have a name
    2) they have a season number (1 or 2)
    3) they each have a artist name (lost)
    4) they each have a album name (lost, season 1 or 2)
    5) and they each have artwork and comments (synopsis of episode)

to my knowledge, thats all the information included on shows bought from the itunes store...

so how come on my ipod touch all the episodes are listed all on the same screen as all my other TV shows, movies and music videos. (meaning when i press "videos" i have a list that goes on for about 100 video files.

What i want is to be able to press "videos", press "lost" then be able to see all the episodes and other seasons of lost that i have instead of them all in the same list.

Have i missed something, and help please, thanks in advance! :) :)

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You need to go to each file and edit the type to 'TV Show'. It defaults to 'Movie', which causes each file to display separately. Unfortunately, iTunes doesn't allow you to batch-change the file type.

3. ibookowner2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but they are set to "TV show". I have an iPod video and it has sub menus i.e. "lost" "lost season 1 or 2" then i choose an episode. But when syncing to my iPod touch will all the same settings etc, it lists as one huge list.

Is that how the iPod touch works, or is it just me :)

4. Rogzilla macrumors regular

Ok, you are partially there. Go to the info screen for them (you have to do one at a time...I am doing the same thing with my Kim Possible episodes...it takes a WHILE...still have two seasons to do) then go over to...well now I can't remember what tab it is but I think it says "Video". You will see a drop down menu for "Movie" "TV Show" or "Music Video" and four input boxes. First, make sure it says "TV Show". Then input the show name. If you want the seasons seperated, make sure to put the something like "Season 1". There will also be a box for the season (but it doesn't devide them up for some reason) as well as boxes for production code (might be 101 for example) and episode number (in this case, 1).

I hope that helps...I think I confused myself.

5. Rogzilla macrumors regular

Well if it is working on one it should work on the other.

How many episodes are you syncing? I find any less than three and it seperates them. It sounds like you are uploading much more so maybe that isn't the case...

6. ibookowner2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

It works, just wanted to say thanks very much ;)

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Sorry, I forgot to mention that they do need to be labeled correctly under the 'Video' pane. My bad. :D

8. ebony macrumors regular

I use a program called lostify which helps to semi automate the process of adding data to losts of episodes.

9. Rogzilla macrumors regular

Horray! I am helpful!