Help Asap With Black Screen!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by consorte101, Oct 28, 2010.

1. consorte101 macrumors newbie

Hello, im a new member and im experiencing problems with my macbook manufactured in 2007. So today i was watching a film on my macbook which is connected to my HDTV and while watching the movie on the TV the screen on the macbook went black. I thought this was unusual so i went to move the cursor and press any keys and nothing happened. I turned the macbook off and a white screen came up for a sec and then the same black scree. I tried resetting the PRAM and nothing. I used a flashlight to see if i would see a faint desktop in the display to see if it was the inverted or back light, but there was nothing. The macbook responds perfectly, i connected it again to the TV and i can use it through that screen, but the display on the macbook is still black. I would highly appreciate it if you guys would be able to diagnose anything based on the symptoms i just described, THANKS!

2. tsmacman macrumors member

id the connector adapter still plufgged in when u turned it back on.... if so it prob still thinks that a screen is plugged into it

3. consorte101 thread starter macrumors newbie

no it definitely is not i disconnected everything immediately, the screen sometimes flashes white for a sec and then goes back to the black screen again...

4. consorte101 thread starter macrumors newbie

no when i turned it on the screen was flashing white and black back and forth, WTF is going on? help plz!