HELP!!!AT&Tdon't letme buy iPhone until I signed their contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pakorn360, Sep 15, 2007.

1. pakorn360 macrumors newbie

I went to one of the AT&T store near my house and told them that I want to buy an iPhone. They asked my name and hand me the contract that says " You must activate the iPhone with AT&T!!! :( but I just want to buy it and used it with T-mobile. I don't want to signed 2 years contract with them.

**My Question is " If i buy an iPhone form Apple online store, Do I need to sign any contract before I can buy it like at the AT&T store ,or there is no contract at all ? :confused:

2. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

4. dadsp33k macrumors regular

dadsp33k

wut he sed ^

5. Avatar74 macrumors 65816

The phone is contracted with AT&T. You won't get the phone's full functionality with T-mobile if you hack it.

While Apple doesn't make you sign an AT&T contract at the store, you will have to establish an AT&T account to activate the phone. That's assuming you aren't unlocking it... but since I didn't go down this path I don't know whether you can unlock the phone before it's activated or not.

6. pakorn360 thread starter macrumors newbie

:D Thx so much for the reply guys. Now I will go buy it from Apple store instead :)

7. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

8. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

or that you are in a rush and are one of those smart people that read every single letter in a contract and don't have to do so right there so you will take it home and do it yourself, you know what? not worth it just go to the apple store hahahah

9. mr1581 macrumors 6502

I was able to just walk right in to an ATT store and ask for an iphone. There were no other questions asked.

10. zinj macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

the att store shouldn't require you to sign a contract. Just tell them its a gift for someone else. I didn't sign anything when I got mine from the att store, just walked in and bought one

11. TimJim macrumors 6502a

buy it from an apple store or the online store.