Help Auto Connecting to Wireless Network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by darkpixie08, Jun 21, 2008.

1. darkpixie08 macrumors member

I need some help. We have a wireless network set up, but my laptop does not seem to be able to recognize and automatically connect to it upon startup. Everytime the computer goes to sleep, it disconnects from the network. Then upon resuming it says that none of my preferred networks are available and gives me a list including my network. The thing is, I checked in my system preferences and my network is listed in the preferred network. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's not a huge deal, but it's a bit annoying to have to manually connect every time I come back to my computer.

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

You are not alone. I'm not sure what Mac you have, but there is a firmware bug for certain Airport Cards (not all) and Apple knows about it. I have the same problem with a 12" PB, but the rest of my computers have no problems.

We'll have to wait until Apple releases a new firmware version to address this.

3. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

Is the name of your wireless network the same as any others in your area? i.e. is it the default name of your router?

4. darkpixie08 thread starter macrumors member

No, we renamed it.

Bummer on the airport bug thing. I like the whole "it just works" part of my mac, when something like this happens it seems like such a big deal, cause everything else works so smoothly and seamlessly. Guess I'll just have to be patient.