Help. Backup disaster.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacNitty, Oct 25, 2011.

1. MacNitty macrumors newbie

Hello all. I come to the smart people for dire help.

So, last week my internal HD crashed, I replaced it this weekend, so I have a fresh OSX install and no iPhone 4 backup. Last night I decided to upgrade the iPhone to newest os. It backed the iPhone up prior to install, install successful. Now I don't have any of my apps/music/videos, although it does have my pics/contacts. After the upgrade, I shut the computer down, (probably dumb.) but turned it right back on. I didn't check for the backup file prior to shutdown. Now I do not see a backup file in iTunes nor the mobilesync folder on the HD.

How bad is this situation? Anyway hope of finding the backup anywhere?!?! Is there anything that can be done? Will I have to actually pay for my apps twice? anyway to find what they were? (Where those all the same question? lol) Anyway, I need help. Any assistance that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

2. MacNitty thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Your backup is fine. Look in the advanced area in iTunes' settings and you should see your backup in your iTunes AppData folder. Your apps and iTunes-purchased music can be redownloaded to your computer and iPhone for free, all you have to do is go the the iTunes store and look at the purchased section.

4. MacNitty thread starter macrumors newbie