Help...Battery draining fast!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Joneszee, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Joneszee macrumors newbie

Joneszee

since updating to 2.01 my watch is losing like 10% an hour and I haven't even touched it. I used to get great battery life, but once I updated last week, I'm out of battery by 3pm with minimal use.
    Anyone who is more Apple educated than me, what should I try, any ideas? Could an app be doing this? Should I restore the watch, how do I even do that? Any help would be appreciated. I am running the NYC Marathon on Sunday and was hoping to use the watch, but with this new battery life I'll be out before I even start.

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

it sounds simple but when i had an issue with battery life switching it off and on again believe it or not worked. Give it a try

3. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

I few things, is your iPhone on the latest iOS? (not that it should affect it).

Maybe be best to un-install the apps for a day or two and see how it runs, if it is still draining as quick as you say it is. I think it would then be best to drop into an Apple Store.

4. Joneszee thread starter macrumors newbie

Joneszee

5. alFR macrumors 68020

In order, I'd (stopping who one of these works, obviously):
    • Try turning off then on again.
    • Do a hard reset (hold both buttons until you see the Apple logo).
    • Unpair/repair with phone, restore from backup.
    • Unpair/repair with phone, set up as new watch.
    One of those (probably the second IME) should sort it.

6. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

There have been quite a few people including me with weird battery issues. Is this happening every day or just sporadically?

7. Joneszee thread starter macrumors newbie

Joneszee

Thanks for this. The hard reset seems to have worked. I didn't know there was a difference between just turning the watch or phone off, and hard resetting it, but I guess so.