Help Best Buy pick-up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by California King, Sep 21, 2007.

1. California King macrumors 65816

I checked the availabiity of the touch on their website and the Best Buy near my house has it. I drove over there as soon as I saw that it was available and the guy told me they don't have it. Should I buy it online and do the in-store pick-up or did my Best Buy accidently make it available when it really isn't?

2. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

keep calling them, and ask them to check in their system, because sometimes employees are not aware its there

3. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Could it be a mistake on the website? I've already called once today and they said that they didn't have them. I never asked to check their system and don't think they'll even do it if I asked..they'll probably be like, "I'm sure that we dont have them. I don't need to check anything," but I guess I can give it another shot.

BTW, what department should I call? There's no electronics department listed when I call. When I first called, I just called the CD, Games, Movies department.

4. fuzzdawg11 macrumors member

if you can get ANY information out of them you are lucky. they are like the most IGNORANT employees ever. they NEVER know what is going on around the store. i have no clue why but it would be a miracle if you actually get one soon. i got mine at best buy and what a surprise, mine is one of the 37's with a bad screen. oh well, i have one coming in the mail to replace mine which they sent at no charge but they never told me i have to send back or return this one? lol, they are SO UNORGAINZED. but yeah, best of luck dude.

5. fishcube macrumors 6502

You need someone in audio. I would talk to someone and tell them you need to talk with dept that has mp3 players. Then tell that person you checked online and that it shows that they have them in stock, and to have them check again, and check the computer inventory.

My local store has them, but I'm not able to get one till tomorrow. So am hoping they still have them in stock then.

SK

6. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Now, I don't even know if I should do a pick-up. I don't wanna get stuck with a week 37. Maybe they'll switch it for me if I asked? And yeah, some Best Buy employees are so useless. The guy I was speaking to was texting on his cell phone and not even looking at me when I spoke to him.

7. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Do you think that could be he same situation with me? Why cant you buy it if they have it in stock? geez...

8. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

just call and ask them to read you the first 5 characters of the serial number

9. Favrefire4 macrumors newbie

I think I can help you out here. The reason the employees don't know about their shipments is because it doesn't show up in physical inventory in their store. Reason? Best Buy has only released them online. Thus, the only way to actually get it at Best Buy is to order it online and have in-store pickup. I've done it that way twice so far. (Originally had a week 37, had to return it for a perfect week 38)

10. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

yea you definitely have NO idea what you are talking about. First the employees there are very ignorant, Second, it does show up in the physical inventory (I have seen it there). Third, Best Buy has NOT ONLY released them online, I have personally bought one from a best buy with out going through the website. Also, the website said that my local best buy had them, I called them up and said they expected it in two weeks, I called back an hour and a half later, THEY HAD THEM, they just didnt know.

11. Quinlan macrumors newbie

I just picked one up using the 'In-Store Pickup' and I got a week 38 Macy Grey box. Was easy as pie.

12. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, they finally told me that they had them in the store and when I went to buy one, I saw that all of them were week 36, so I ended up not buying one. What a bummer...I spent this whole day trying to get one. This guy was nice enough to check each one out for me..not sure if he knew what he was checking for though.

13. fishcube macrumors 6502

Ack! I hope the ones in our local store are not week 36. I probably will get the newest one I can get even if its a week 36. If the screen is bad I'll just exchange within 30 days. I don't want to wait anymore...

SK

14. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I thought about that too, but I just have the worst luck, and I most likely would get one with a bad screen. How long do you think I should wait till I go back? I'm thinking 2 weeks? Maybe order on Apple.com?

15. fishcube macrumors 6502

True, though I'd rather have a bad screen, then no touch at all. Since I can at least use it till good ones get to the stores.

16. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, that doesnt sound bad, but I just hate going through the process of returning stuff. When I buy something, I just want to keep it...but god I wish I had an iPod touch right now, haha...I was holding it in my hand and everything, but I didnt want a bad screen..:D

17. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

When I called today I got a girl who knew her stuff. I asked who is on the box cover. She said there week 38's and I'll hold one of each for you.

Now thats service, I hunted the manager down and praised her for knowing her products.

18. tobenning macrumors member

Order it online. I believe you have a few days to pick it up. They would at least put one aside for you.

19. gergc macrumors newbie

yeah, that's not accurate. the bestbuy.com inventory totals for the store pickup are taken from the store stock system. when a product is ordered from the website a pick request gets sent to the inventory team. they pick the product and put it back behind customer service. if a product is not there because it was sold in the short amount of time it takes between web ordering and picking, the request is cancelled. hence, that is why your card isn't charged until you pick it up at the store. (a hold is placed on your credit card/debit card for the amount, however)