help! big installation problem with ms office for mac 2011

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sossity, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I am stuck with it, I cannot quit the installer, I attempted to install office for mac 2011, on my macbook air 2013 running 10.9.2.

I connected a cd drive to it, put the cd in, opened the install package, & it went ok, until about halfway through, & it has been stuck at 5 minutes to go for about 2 hours.

I got a bit nervous, so I ejected the cd, & disk mounter of office, & then disconnected the cd drive from my macbook air, but the installer is still stuck, and there is no option to quit it in activity monitor, I cannot even shut the laptop down/off.

i dont know what to do, the laptop seems to have frozen up, I can open other apps, but the installer has taken over.

2. TallGuyGT macrumors regular

TallGuyGT

Hold down Command-Option-ESC and you should be able to force quit the installer. Then you should be able to reboot and try again.

I recommend grabbing the digital download from Microsoft. It's more up-to-date than the DVD. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2439384

3. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

I downloaded and installed again from the link provided, I had to enter the key there before downloading, and then again to activate after installation.

I got a message saying that the key had been used it maximum amount of times.

I bought this from a seller with 100% feedback from ebay, the original listing was for office for mac 2011, 1 user 2 macs. I had also looked, at their ratings and they had sold this to other buyers recently, and they gave positive feedback, saying their installations went fine.

So far I have had nothing but problems. And am feeling I have made a mistake, and should have just gone with libre office.

4. porthole2 macrumors member

Click on activate by phone and follow the prompts, when asked how many machines answer 1, if the automated response doesn't work you will connect to a person and repeat.

MS activation is such a pain, especially when you have a hardware issue.