Help! Big problems with Music app all of a sudden

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Reach9, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Hey guys,

So for the past couple weeks i've noticed that for some reason my Music app skips/doesn't play random songs, and they appear faded out on my All Songs list. I can't play these songs again, the only way is to sync it with iTunes where it gets resynced with my iPhone.
    It's extremely frustrating when i'm on the go and i can't hear my favourite songs.

Is anyone having these issues? Any solutions to it? I'm running iOS 7.0.4

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Do you have "show all music" enabled in settings > music? Those faded songs you are looking at are in the cloud and not on your phone. Do you use iTunes Match?

3. Reach9 thread starter macrumors 68020

Reach9

Nope i don't use iTunes Match, I don't understand how these songs can be on the cloud when i sync them through iTunes.

Weird thing is that every song that gets skipped gets deleted from my iPhone because i see my total number of songs decreasing (eg.1 of 900 becomes 1 of 880).

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

When you have "Show all music" selected in settings it displays songs that are currently on your phone AND purchased songs from iTunes that are NOT downloaded to your phone. These are the ones that appear faded in the music app.