Help! Block ads please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by portcontrol7, Jun 29, 2014.

1. portcontrol7 macrumors member

Safari can't install adblock for some reason. In my extensions I have nothing, I have the latest everything, hardware, software, you name it. But my kingdom for an app that blocks annoyinh ads! Aaaaaaargh, please someone help!

Love,
    Aaron

----------

Woo ho! I solved a problem. My "Extensions" folder in ~/Library/Safari, was a broken alias for some reason. Deleted it, created a new one and she installed like a charm! Goodbye shaking booties on TPB!

----------

Woo ho! I solved a problem. My "Extensions" folder in ~/Library/Safari, was a broken alias for some reason. Deleted it, created a new one and she installed like a charm! Goodbye shaking booties on TPB!

----------

Derp

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Probably not necessary to repeat the self answer twice...once would have done it!:D

All my best,
    Shrink

3. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

You aren't experiencing full adblock potential with Safari unfortunately.

The SafariAPI blocks a few vital things needed by adblock. Pre roll ads will still exist on many websites as well as a few other small things.

4. Cubytus macrumors 65816

That's still more comfortable and less wasteful than having no ad blocker at all. The OP could also have a look at GlimmerBlocker.