Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Help: Blue Screen on fresh copy of Windows

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Hello,

I think I may have broken a new record for amount of time before a blue screen. I did a fresh install (including format) of Windows 7 ultimate on my 2009 MP (in bay 4). The only thing I did was install Apple's drivers (in order to see my Mac drives in Windows).

Now, when I boot the machine in windows, it will blue screen at the login window after a 20 second wait. If I type my password, it will blue screen about 20 seconds after logging in...

Any thoughts?

Loa

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
I have had issues with a blue screen error "CACHE_MANAGER" almost exactly 60 seconds after login to Windows 10 when I have a external SoftRAID array attached (usually via Thunderbolt on Minis and iMacs). I had to disable the Apple HFS drivers included in the BootCamp driver package to avoid this ... of course that conflicts with your desire to see your Mac drives in Windows.

(Although I prefer that Windows NOT have access to my OS X drives ... so for me it is a bonus).

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ing-restart-loop-win-8.1972488/#post-22906210

Comment

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Hmmm, interesting. I do have a couple of drives in soft RAID, but they're inside the mac. I'm trying a third installation right now and will test that theory if it still crashes. I'll also time the crash to see if it matches your time.

Thanks.

Comment

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, but you were right: as soon as I removed my two softRAIDed drives (configured with Apple Disk Utility before it was nerfed), windows stopped crashing. Bit of a bother, though.

Thanks for the tip.

Loa

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.