help - bluetooth kb and mighty mouse not working in W 7x64 27" Imac i5

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Harry0620, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Harry0620 macrumors newbie

My wirless kb and mighty mouse is not working in W 7x64. I have 27" i5. I remember seeing the soultion somewhere in the Macrumors forum but could not find them now.

2. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

Had the same problem when I installed W7 in my mac mini. It was a pretty simple fix. Worked like a charm. Hope it resolves your issue(s).

Follow these tips while you are in Windows 7 :

1) Switch off the device you want to pair
    2) Select "add a device" in the Bluetooth menu
    3) Switch on the device (after few second it should get detected by Windows)
    4) Now, right click on the device and select properties. You should now get a window with the different services.
    5) select the HID drivers for keyboard and mice and click OK (this is the important part)
    6a) In windows 7 it should setup mouse and keyboard without any additional input

I found that tip posted by S_ Eye at http://discussions.apple.com/thread....art=0&tstart=0

Good Luck.

3. Harry0620 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. So far, W7 still has not found the device yet. I will try again tonight. This reminded me how nice the Mac OP is. I do not have to do anything to get the bluetooth KB and mouse connected.

By the way I have magic mouse not mighty mouse. Any more thought??

4. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

Okay, perhaps it does make a difference, since I use mighty mouse. Sorry it didn;t work for you.

Read this entire thread, it may be of assistance since they are dealing with KB and Magic Mouse.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2221427&tstart=0

I do recall somewhere reading that someone after installing windows, went back and paired the mouse and keyboard in Mac OS all over, and then returned to W7 and it worked.

It is a bit frustrating but the answer is out there.

5. Harry0620 thread starter macrumors newbie

Finally works

Well. thanks for all your help. My wireless kb abd Magic mouse might even working last night following your suggestions. The only reason I thought they may not work is the add device screen was blank. When I am in real Windows environment, the device will show up. Same thing happened again today with blank window. But when I accidently moved the Magic mouse - the cursor moves. I even have the vertical scrolling capability too.

Thanks again for all your help.

6. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

7. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

Great....... if it's working !!!!!

Also, I am not sure if you are encountering the issue of a frozen mouse pointer, only when you first start W7? I have, and thought the wireless is messed again. But once it is moved, no problems. It's a weird "quirk".

It only does that on the very first time you load windows. It works after that and does not stick regardless of how long you let it sit on the windows screen , during the current windows session.

The same was true when I was running XP Pro under OS Leopard 10.5.

I am not sure what this "quirk" is, but I have never tried to resolve it since it is just a matter of moving the mouse once.

Everything else works perfectly, so I am happy and do not want to mess with things any further.

When Apple releases the end of the year update for Bootcamp-Windows 7 (if they meet there self imposed deadline), maybe that little bug will go away.

Good luck and keep the thread updated for others, on whether the suggestions, or anything else, fixed your initial issues with the wireless. I an sure others will seek advice.

Best Regards,
    DonCarlos

8. Harry0620 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. I have to click the mouse (magic) first. Otherwise it will not move the pointer. My routine is boot to W7, type in password (wirless KB) then click the mouse and move the point to return (or enter) symbol to proceed. The vertical scrolling also works without loading the Apple's undate.

The W7 froze on me after only about an hour. I have to force power-off the Imac. I will receive the Fusion 3 today and to see if virtulization is more stable. Since I do not play game, the speed lost may not be an issue for me.

Thanks again DonCarlos