Help.. Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Trooperof3, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Trooperof3 macrumors regular

Ok so, I just got leopard on my Macbook. I really need Boot Camp So i can do my School work.

For the past day or so I've been trying to install XP. Everything goes great I partition it, Windows installs i can log into windows. I throw in Disc 1 And BC puts in all the drivers, (everything looks great) then I restart. I hold down alt key at the start up. Where i'm suppose to have the option to boot in Mac or Windows. I only have the option to run Mac HD. where is my Windows Drive? please help

2. Trooperof3 thread starter macrumors regular

3. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Have you printed off the bootcamp instructions...

You may have after booting into the windows installer disk selected the wrong harddrive to burn windows too and it may have therefore been unable to burn windows to it so it was deleted at restart (or actions to that effect)

Go to sytem preferances/startup disk and see if there is a windows bootcamp folder there?

Hope this is helpful!

Oh and please dont repost just 2 hours after your original post! Not everyone is out here just to help you!

4. subwarm macrumors member

subwarm

I'm having the same issue and this has been documented on Apple's support forums by other people. Seems to be Leopard issue.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1219469&tstart=0

In the the discussions there is one person stating that running an Apple software update inside of Windows fixes this problem. Will try it out and post findings.

5. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

you are installing xp sp2 right? because if it's sp1, it won't work.

6. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

This maybe a nit. But the ALT key and the Apple Options key at start up are two entirely different things..! I actually went out and purchased an Apple keyboard just to get an "Option" key.

Neil.