Help! Bootcamp - Restoring Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Hawkeye8888, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Hawkeye8888 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I need some help with restoring Windows 7 from a disk image. The problem is that I can't reinstall windows (no internal optical drive because of dual hard drive). I did manage to get windows installed by making some temporary hardware changes that I would rather not repeat. Is there a way to restore a Windows image without a disk? Or perhaps I could restore it on another machine and then clone it back to my hard drive? Thanks for the help.

--------------------------------
    (Here are my specs)
    Macbook Pro Mid-2012
    OSX Mavericks (most current version)
    Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    8GB Ram 750gb HDD and 256gb SSD

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The only option of reinstalling windows, is to pull the hard drive, and put the optical drive back.

3. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

Sorry, this post won't help you much right now, but after you have reinstalled Windows, I heartily recommend you check out Winclone. It's $29.99, but saves you this trouble in future...

4. Hawkeye8888 thread starter macrumors newbie

Solution

I just ordered a new optical drive cable - this will allow me to simply plug into the motherboard without having to dismantle the entire computer to use the optical drive "internally".