Help! Brand new macbookpro CRASHING CONSTANTLY!!!! CrystalClear (SetAlphaValue)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by strongerthanall, Jan 11, 2010.

1. strongerthanall macrumors newbie

Hey all been searching on google about to start smoking again lol sooo stressful my brand new beautiful mac book pro is crashing CONSTANTLY i installed some stupid POS software CrystalClear which installs as SetAlphaValue and found on this forum to delete that and log out... i have done so, STILL PROBLEM REMAINS and windows when getting the "right click" window on dock is transparent.... Other problem is Finder buttons (like to change view from list, details, icon, etc... are all blank...) this was also after using Magnifique which looked great but I think the crystal clear thing is whats killing me... i found on here you usually ask for the crash log, THERES A TON OF THEM.... :( also if i goto the top right lil button for finder the clock, battery, and finder icon disappear and only my tools at the top stay (spiritedaway, itunescontrol, etc) i think whatever is affecting this is mainly going to be in the finder one so here is the log:

**while trying to copy and paste console crashed on the log so i have to FIX my MAC from a PC!!!! WTF MAN! lol please help!!!** used ipod as external HD and drag and dropped the finder log and the console log for ya to see: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I really don't want to reformat and happy disk it if i don't have to... it wouldn't be the end of the world but it certainly would be a PItA to have to reinstall EVERYTHING again so if there is a fix, i am savvy enough to handle code, scripts, etc as far as followng your direction, just new to mac but very experience on PC

please see attached as couldn't get PC to load the crash logs...

Also wanted to note I did try deleting the .com.apple side bar pref and the finder pref... also did delete the setalphavalue from input managers in library...

I opened magnifique to change the theme to standard normal again (have been in standard but figure maybe it would reload the correct vals needed but nothing... just crash crash crash crash crash :( this is like a rock music video, watching a beautiful piece of equipment just crash! :( it hurts!:(

Attached Files:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

CrystalClear is a theme for ShapeShifter isn't it?

If so, you might have noticed before downloading ShapeShifter, that is not supported on Mac OS X 10.5, and thus certainly not on 10.6 (seems Unsanity has given up on SS, as after two years there is no new release), so your system might be slightly smegged if not completely. Magnifique will not help things though.

YOu can do a restore installation by starting from the installer DVD, no data and applications are meant to be deleted that way.

PS: I got over the whole "changing the look of Mac OS X" phase quite quickly, as no themes matched the simplicity of what was already there. But that was in 2004, so maybe the themes have gotten worse, ahem, better.

PPS: As annk has merged your posts: you can edit your posts by going to the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of the post you want to edit.

3. strongerthanall thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you so much for quick reply i will try the dvd... i know i know leave things alone as they are... I just wanted it a bit darker easier on the eyes and screen:cool: its so cool its like a new car, you just HAVE to get some fuzzy dice, or else why take her out?! lol jk... a lot of what i do is late night but found a nifty app called NOCTURNAL that inverts colors and doesnt mess up your system!

i am praying that everything stays and works out, but worst case comes just have to deal with it buck up and spend a couple more sleepless nights... lol

43 min remaining on install, if it all works, god bless you good sir, you aboslutely saved the day! :) ill leave the themes alone after that i promise lol id rather it be stock and not ya know... Crash EVERY single application!

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys