Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paragoniq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Hi,

I have an iphone 4, running 4.2.1 iOS, jailbreaked (tethered) with redsn0w. Everything was working fine, but I downloaded a Cydia app (iBlacklist) and the Springboard Crashed, and never rebooted (the pineapple logo was frozen into the screen, and nothing ever happened). I tried rebooting into tethered (redsn0w option) various times, but still nothing happened; my iphone is bricked. I tried restoring with Apple, but I got error code 1013. I later tried jailbreaking it again and re-installing Cydia, and the installation froze at around 80%. Help, please? I really wanna get up and going, dont even care if I lose my files.

Anybody?

Thanks in advance

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2010
Hi,

I have an iphone 4, running 4.2.1 iOS, jailbreaked (tethered) with redsn0w. Everything was working fine, but I downloaded a Cydia app (iBlacklist) and the Springboard Crashed, and never rebooted (the pineapple logo was frozen into the screen, and nothing ever happened). I tried rebooting into tethered (redsn0w option) various times, but still nothing happened; my iphone is bricked. I tried restoring with Apple, but I got error code 1013. I later tried jailbreaking it again and re-installing Cydia, and the installation froze at around 80%. Help, please? I really wanna get up and going, dont even care if I lose my files.

Anybody?

Thanks in advance

Try restoring it on another computer.

Also for your 1013 issue:

For many of you who have iPhone 4′s and tried to update to iOS 4.2.1, you may encounter Error 1013 on iTunes. This seems to be a widespread issue and widely discussed on Apple’s forum. Fear not, there is already a way to fix this Error 1013.

Due to the rush of releasing this iOS version, a bug like this is bound to come out. This has been reported to Apple but if you don’t intend to wait any longer, please see the following for the instructions. Methods on Fixing the Error 1013 are available for Mac and PC.

Mac OS X

1. On your Mac, go to “Applications” folder.

2. Go to the “Utilities” folder.

3. Start “Terminal”.

4. Type “sudo nano /etc/hosts” (without quotes) and hit enter.

5. Enter your login password

6. Use the down arrow key to find “gs.apple.com”. Add “#” in front of the text e.g. #gs.apple.com

7. Save the file by hitting CONTROL+O.

8. Exit the nano editor.

9. Restore your iPhone.

Windows

1. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories

2. Run Notepad. Note: on Windows 7, right click on Notepad icon and select “Run As Administrator”

3. Click File > Open

4. Go to Windows/System32/drivers/etc

5. In “files of type:” select all documents

6. Open “hosts”

7. Delete any entry with “gs.apple.com”

8. Click Save

9. Restore your iPhone

paragoniq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks.

I found the problem: TinyUmbrella was installed and I had iTunes re-routed to the Cydia servers. After I unchecked that box, everything went smooth.

Thanks though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.