HELP Bricked!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dwoods, Dec 1, 2010.

1. dwoods macrumors newbie

Okay I got an iphone 3 but I am with t-mobile so I planned on unlocking my phone. When I first plugged in my cpu my computer upgraded my phones firmware to 4.2.1 automatically and my phone updated its data...Now I was unaware and began to jailbreak and unlock my phone with redsnow 9.5 it worked but I noticed something was wrong so I looked into it and found that the iOS was newer so I needed to use a different version of redsn0w which I did. When I used it I change my baseband to 6.15.00 so my phone would unlock but instead the process caused my phone to brick. I cant take it to at&t because 6.15.00 ends all warrenties and I'm not a wireless user for them. I tried Quickpwn but it doesnt seem to work and tiny umbrella is MIA for 4.2.1 of iphone. I cant restore to itunes because of the fact that its 6.15.00 and it will not take and everytime I try I get an error code of 1002. Can someone please help?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats bs.
    Itunes did not update anything automaticly.
    You clicked yes to the update dialog box, waited to download the firmware update and clicked a few more times yes and accept in order to update your iphone to the latest firmware.

3. dwoods thread starter macrumors newbie

So you mad? I really didnt but Im not gonna waste my time with that if you cant help find something else to do...thanks

4. vachargerfan macrumors regular

You did, but the only thing you can do is wait for the 4.2.1 JB/unlock. You baseband was updated so even if you could go back to 4.1 you still wouldn't be able to unlock it. I haven't checked lately, so maybe the new 4.2.1 is unlockable

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

not to be one of those finger wagging people but you should really read before doing these things. Even if I was on tmobile I wouldnt use the latest ultra snow because it loads an ipad baseband on your phone which means you can NEVER update the baseband ever again. if your phone was at an earlier unlockable firmware updating to 4.2.1. was pretty dumb if you HAVE to unlock just to use it. goodluck.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im not mad at anything, you're the one that bricked your iphone.:D
    When asking for help instead of saying I didnt do anything my computer automaticly did everything without me touching anything and nothing is my fault.
    Try beeing honest first, and then people might help you.
    I know its really hard for some people to admit it and say hey, I screwed it up. I didnt know exactly what I was doing, please help.

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You do know that iOS 4.2 and 4.2.1 are the same thing.

8. dwoods thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweetie why would I lie? esp to strangers i am capable of reading and clicking yes or no..I did neither and it still updated...Why would I lie esp to ppl Im asking for help that makes no sense and this is a dumb convo period I know you have something better to do..be part of the solution not the problem thanks...

9. vachargerfan macrumors regular

The iPhone doesn't just "automatically" update. There is a ton of stuff you have to agree to before the software loads. That is all they are saying

10. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Liar liar pants on fire.

In reality, iTunes does NOT update firmware without user permission.

11. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

12. dwoods thread starter macrumors newbie

Whatever im not into technology like that im a dancer the only reason i did it because my parents wouldnt do it for me now can any of you help me?

13. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

14. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

sorry sweetie pie but you are saying a bunch of BS and making people not want to help you... Do the process again properly, follow the instructions on iclarified and if you can't then too bad too sad...

15. dwoods thread starter macrumors newbie

16. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Use DFU mode to get it out. (Google "DFU Mode iPhone")

17. dwoods thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you soooooooo much so all i have to do is use dfu mode to get out and repeat my jailbreak and unlock

18. old-wiz macrumors G3

There is still no jailbreak available for 4.2.1.

19. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

4.2.1 is the exact same thing as 4.2.0

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Where's Jesse Ventura?:D

21. bentrider macrumors member

22. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Sounds like a PEBKAC issue to me...

but in all seriousness just go into DFU mode like one of the other users said..

23. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

This is what happens to someone totally clueless and out of touch with technology.

As said before, nothing ever upgrades automatically :rolleyes: