HELP: Brightness control on Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by munny213, Oct 28, 2008.

1. munny213 macrumors newbie

I have a macbook running mac OS X 10.4.11... and I recently replaced my screen because it was cracked. However, the screen is really dark and none of the brightness controls work (like F1/F2)... and when i go into preferences and display and whatnot... there isn't a brightness control bar like there is on my desktop mac.

Is this problem fixable or would I be better off just restarting my MacBook?

Thanks in advance!:)

2. eman macrumors 6502a

Check the inverter cable (logic board) or you may need a new inverter. Take a flashlight and shine at the screen and see if you can see the desktop, while the macbook is running.

3. munny213 thread starter macrumors newbie

Err sorry I haven't a clue what that is - could you elaborate?

Thanks!

4. munny213 thread starter macrumors newbie

The desktop is running - I can still use the computer but the screen is just really dim... if that's what you mean?

5. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Did you do the repair your self?

If so then eman is suggesting you dismantle it and "Check the inverter cable (logic board) or you may need a new inverter"

6. munny213 thread starter macrumors newbie

I had a friend replace the screen for me so I have no idea how to check the inverter cable.

I'm also trying to restart it and it's saying that i cannot install the program on my computer.