HELP! Broken 5S Screen BUT No Cosmetic Damage!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AriannaRegina, Aug 25, 2015.

1. AriannaRegina macrumors newbie

AriannaRegina

Hi everyone,

I have been dealing with my broken screen on my 5S for almost a year now and I'm just about fed up with it (and close to my upgrade).

My screen is not shattered but it definitely broken internally. As you can see in the picture it skips portions of the screen. And no, I'm not intentionally skipping over that portion of the screen :) Also, I've always had a screen protector on my phone and a strong case on my phone. And I have dropped it maybe 5-10 times (who hasn't?!)but nothing major and nothing higher than 3 feet.

If you notice where the screen isn't responsive that is where many of the alerts pop up ie 20%Battery Remaining. When those alerts pop up I can't click on them unless I rotate the screen to landscape. (Or just charge the phone and not deal with it until it's fully charged again.)

Ive taken it to the Genius Bar and they thought it was a software problem so they had me completely wipe out my phone but to no avail, that didn't work. I have also completely replaced the screen and that didn't help!

Has anyone seen this before?! Every person I ask, they are dumbfounded. I am about to get the 6 Plus but I always sell my phones once I get a new one but I don't think I'll get much for it with this problem!

Please let me know what you think! Thank you all in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Take it back to the genius bar. Honestly don't know why you've dealt with it for a year?

3. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Take it back to the Genius Bar. Those are some pretty annoying problems to have. It does sound like there is something messed up pretty bad on the inside of the phone, like you said.