Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fatgiraffe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
I recently smashed the screen/glass on my iphone 3gs, and luckily the touch screen is still 100% responsive. I am looking to repair the glass and was wondering if anyone could give advice on a legitimate company that i can send my phone to and they can replace it. (£40-£50) I am not willing to do it myself.

http://img163.imageshack.us/i/suckkkks.jpg/

However as you can see from the picture, I have smashed my phone top right of the home button, and as such it has become rather unresponsive. The top right of the home button now requires a greater force to work, yet the bottom left still works perfectly. This makes me wonder if there is greater damage to the home button, or as to wether there is just glass underneath it.

Does anyone have experience with a similar impact position and as to wether the home button is also broken, as in which case I will simply claim it on my insurance and pay the excess of £100 rather than fix both the glass and button.

Thanks.

Scottymac1

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Ive replaced my front screen twice costing me £16.99 both times from ebay Item no.280635562208, I did it myself and I am no way technically minded i just watched a video on youtube on how to replace iphone front screen complete.
Hope this helps
Scott

fatgiraffe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
As i've said, I do not feel comfortable doing it myself, and nothing can persuade me to do it.

yetieater

macrumors regular
May 6, 2007
USA
As i've said, I do not feel comfortable doing it myself, and nothing can persuade me to do it.

Why yes! You or someone else in your family is working hard to make money, so you may as well throw that money at someone to get them to do work for you, seeing as you're worked hard enough as is getting that money in the first place.

fatgiraffe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Why yes! You or someone else in your family is working hard to make money, so you may as well throw that money at someone to get them to do work for you, seeing as you're worked hard enough as is getting that money in the first place.

Jesus christ, if your not going to help stop being so patronising. It is something that I do not feel comfortable doing myself, so yes, I make the decision, not you, so please shut up if your not going to help.

This isn't the main point of my topic anyway, the question is as to wether anyone has had a similar experience (same impact point) and as to wether the home button is broken or not.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Ive replaced my front screen twice costing me £16.99 both times from ebay Item no.280635562208, I did it myself and I am no way technically minded i just watched a video on youtube on how to replace iphone front screen complete.
Hope this helps
Scott

You contradict yourself with another post that something went wrong during this process and not the screen is not working. What happen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.