Help! Browsers isn't loading

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by moosquared, Nov 29, 2011.

1. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

Can someone tell me what's wrong with my browsers? I use safari and chrome and both browsers often give problems. When I click open the browser, it will take a long time to load and then fail to open the page as if I have a connection problem. And my internet connection is perfectly fine. To fix it, I have to QUIT the browser (just closing the browser doesn't won't work) and re-open it again. Sometimes I have to do it 2-3 times and then it will load the page successfully.

Mostly, it happens when I've already opened the browser for a while and I leave it that way (maybe to edit photo or something, basically just leave it running in the background), and when I try to get back to it, the page I'm trying to open won't load. I have to QUIT the browser and reopen.

It doesn't happen all the time, just often enough that I start noticing it and it gets annoying.

Also... is it normal to hear a sound, like a small 'click' sound from coming from the MBP when you move (or lift) it?

2. simsaladimbamba

What Mac OS X version and browser version do you use?
    How do you connect to the router?
    Does the same happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

It's probably the Sudden Motion Sensor.

3. moosquared thread starter macrumors regular

moosquared

Currently, I have the OS X 10.6.8
    Safari 5.1.2
    Chrome 15.0.874.121

They have all been updated a couple times and same thing still happens.
    I'm connected through wifi. I'm sure it isn't a lost connection because I can still chat on yahoo or MSN. I have had the laptop for more than a year and it worked perfectly at first. It is still a great laptop, only the browser that's giving me a bit of issue.

Ooh... the sudden motion sensor! Glad to know it's not some loose hardware. Thanks! :D