Help: BT mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WhySoSerious, Jul 30, 2007.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

I need some help here. I'm about to purchase a new mac and I don't like the BT/wireless mighty mouse (having to squeeze 2 side buttons is lame). Does anyone here recommend a great BT mouse...perhaps by Logitec that works seemlessly on the Mac?

I've heard that some mice work, some don't.....so I was hoping for advice from people who have actually used other mice aside from the mighty mouse.

thanks

2. maccam macrumors 6502a

maccam

You don't HAVE to use the two side buttons. And the mighty mouse is perfect, well worth the money.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I have the Logitech MX900 at home, and even though it doesn't express compatibility with OS X, I am able to assign the buttons to Exposé actions. I probably could download USB Overdrive and do something more, but that's exactly what I wanted anyways.

4. AaronM58 macrumors member

AaronM58

Check out the Logitech V270 (silver) on Amazon. It has SEVERAL good reviews from Mac OSX users...

5. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

6. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Give the mighty mouse a try, you might like it, i use one with my iMac in my home office.

7. NicP macrumors 6502

This is what i use with my macbook :)

8. daisu macrumors member

What are the reviews of this mouse like? How does it stack up against the Logitech V270? That's the one I was thinking of getting for use with my Mac Book Pro.

9. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I'd vote for Logitech V270, though it has some very strange sensitivity issues with OS X. Its either toooooo s l o w, or u l t r a fast.

When I bough it I almost returned it because of it, but I asked in this forum and got a nice reply suggesting that I installed MouseZoom app (well, preferences penal actually) and adjusted the sensitivity with more precision.

Now I'm happy with this mouse, I use it with MacBook when on my desk.

10. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

I hate it. Terrible connection, it feels cheap. I give it a 4/10 at best. Time to get myself a Mighty Mouse.