Help! Bug in iTunes..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clarkewingh, Oct 20, 2012.

1. clarkewingh macrumors newbie

Just tried importing a perfectly encoded H.264 mp4 video into iTunes when this happened:
    I dragged the file into my Library as I usually do and then it just didn't show up.. So I thought it might have not registered me trying to import the file. So I gave it another try, nothing. I tried various ways of importing including going to File > Add to Library. To no avail.
    Eventually I started searching every category of my Library, including Music and Books! Turns out it shows up in the "Recently Added" playlist but not anywhere else in my Library..
    I tried calling Apple Support but all the guy could do is "list the issue"..

Is anyone else experiencing this?

P.S. Yes, I am running the latest update..

2. MFL2012 macrumors member

Did you use Handbrake? If the file is over 4GB it won't work in iTunes without the " large file size" box checked.

3. clarkewingh thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I did use Handbrake but the file is a mere 650MB..

4. MFL2012 macrumors member

Sorry, but I'm out of suggestions. I'm sure there are some iTunes experts on here who could solve your problem.

5. JonLa macrumors 6502

Find it in Recently added, do a right-click and Get Information - sounds like the metadata is all screwed - put some in, check it's down as the right kind of media, and then look for it in the library again.

6. clarkewingh thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I had tried that too, I made sure it was listed as a TV Show and then looked for it in the Library again, to no avail.. Then I tried just listing it as a movie, and got the same result..