Help building Hackintosh

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by upaymeifixit, Aug 17, 2009.

1. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I have two computers I would love to make into a hackintosh, one is a Dell Inspiron 6000, and one is a Dell Dimension 3000. I really don't know where to start, what patched OS do I need to download? What else do I need to do? None of the guides online seem to help. I tried iATKOS OS, but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

I'm not sure why this is here but, try searching for kalyway on your favorite not-so-legal site.

3. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

My best advice would be to look at the insanelymac.com website and ask questions there. I would go down the Boot-132 method as this lets you install a Full Retail version of Leopard which can then be updated using the software update tool, whereas the likes of Kalyway don't.

4. upaymeifixit thread starter macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Thank you so much

Thanks MacFanUK, I did a google search on boot123 and found this guide which looks good, but I will have to see if I can understand it.

The reason it is in this category is because I don't know where to put it.

I'm still open to suggestions, thread is not closed.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It should be.

6. donuttakedonuts macrumors regular

Somebody's negative. But I suppose the 1/2 of these forums devoted to ipod hacks should be closed too.

To OP: The computers might not have Hackintosh compatible mobos inside them. But sure, run a search for Kalyway over at TPB before it dies.