Help burning DVD, along with date and time stamp.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scott001, Feb 1, 2012.

1. scott001 macrumors newbie

Hi folks.

I have searched around, but cannot find a solution to my specific problem. I have a new iMac and am wanting to burn DVD's from my camcorder. I actually need to erase the audio when burning, as the companies I contract to, want no audio at all on the DVD's. Only video.

I also need to transfer the time and date stamp from the camcorder onto the burnt DVD, so the corresponding time and date can be seen when watching the DVD.

Obviously phoned Apple Care who informed me that it cannot be done through iMovie, and referred me to a 3rd party solution i.e. Popcorn 4.

I have spent hours trying to do it with iMovie with no luck. I then purchased Popcorn 4 and again, no luck.

Anyone able to shed some light on the problem? I'd appreciate any feedback.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

3. scott001 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. carlbro10 macrumors newbie

I am hoping someone can help here, but can any of you tell me if there is a camcorder on the market that can transfer the time and date stamp along with footgae upon playback, recording direct to DVD. We currently use a Panasonic AG DVC 30 machine which does transfer the time and ate stamp howveer it records to MIni DV, I am wondering if anyone can suggest an alternative that records to DVD?