Help burning WMV to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by James Howlett, Sep 9, 2008.

1. James Howlett macrumors member

hey, im wondering if i can burn a dvd of a straight .wmv hd to watch on my xbox 360 using disk utillity.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Why not just insert a blank DVD, then drag the video to the desktop icon and hit burn? I don't for sure that the 360 would accept wmvs on DVD, but it might work.

3. James Howlett thread starter macrumors member

I know the 360 accepts wmv hd, i have a few, but im trying to burn my own and they won't read.

I tried downloading burn and just doing a data burn but that wouldn't read either.

4. Partitioned macrumors newbie

VisualHub is an application that converts wmv to DVD disc image. Also converts to and from most other video formats. VisualHub has the capability to burn your DVD after converting your files, but I haven't had good luck with that. I use Toast for DVD burning. On the other hand, Toast has the capability to convert some video format to DVD, but I've not had good luck with that either. I'm sure you'll be very happy with VisualHub where converting files is concerned. Not free, though and neither is Toast.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

He's not looking to convert the files. He wants to burn hd wmv files to data dvd, not as video dvd. That would down convert the video to 480i.