Help buying 13 inch macbook pro..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Johny24max, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Johny24max macrumors newbie

Hi First of I want to say hi and new to the MacRumors community:).

Second Im in the market for a Macbook pro 13 2009 version in and I am hitting the wall because i missed out on the deal which i could have gotten and Free Ipod touch, printer plus the education discount. But Now I need a place where I could get it for $1000 (new or even refurbished)anywhere online???? I would prefer to buy 2009 version macbook pro and making the purchase in 2 weeks. So if anyone can point out where or what site. I tried craigslist and ebay but those people still pretty much expensive and not much different than buying in the applestore.

So if you guys are nice to point me out where or when then ill be more than appeciated. Thanks

2. yanquis macrumors regular

3. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Keep an eye on the the refurbished store on apple's site. They sell certified macs in mint condition with full warranty and at a considerable discount.

If you are in the UK, then see if any of your friends are flying soon as every airport has a Dixon's Tax free, giving you a 15% discount on your new mac.

4. Johny24max thread starter macrumors newbie

Mmm I am not in the UK... In the US new york actually and would not buy it in store just to avoid the tax...

5. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Well Apple is rumored to introduce newly redesigned macbooks soon and are supposed to start below their current price of $999.

6. Johny24max thread starter macrumors newbie

7. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

The new ones have supposedly better screens, better battery, firewire...and if you get the 2.53 version, twice the RAM too. That's about it though. $600 (2.53) is a lot to pay for those 4 things, but $200 for the 2.26 would probably be a better deal just for the better screen and battery IMO.