Help buying a bag or backpack for travel?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SchneiderMan, Jul 1, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Im going to travel to europe by ship, and i need a bag/backpack to fit my 15" macbook pro with power brick and cords, hd canon camcorder with its cables and all, some ipods a jbl sounddock, psp and some other small stuff. what would be the best bag/backpack under $100?
    Design is a little important, thanks!
    i need all this to be with me all the time..

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I've traveled around the world with one of these...:

http://www.amazon.com/Brenthaven-15-17-Backpack-MacBook-Powerbook/dp/B000BYGFYU

...for the last 5 years. Built like a tank, stores all my stuff (I carry around about as much as you), and it really comfortable to boot. And it has a lifetime warranty, so if anything ever snaps, breaks, or tears, send it back and they'll either repair it or send you a new one.

3. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

looks good, im not sure about the size though thanks ill do some research, any other suggestion?

4. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

Wenger's Maxxum Backpack. It has all the space and compartments you'll ever need.

5. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

7. Azrel macrumors regular

Azrel

8. suekitch macrumors regular

I use a JanSport Lapstation - http://www.amazon.com/JanSport-All-Terra-Station-Backpack/dp/B000MAQSMM

Mine is all black though. I bought this initially because I had a beast of a 17" laptop and it was the only one that had the dimensions to fit it. Now using a 13" MacBook Pro in an inCase sleeve and it sits very nicely in the laptop compartment, plus there's room for the power brick in there too. The laptop compartment has some mesh across it and a strap too to keep things safe.

The other main compartment is huge. I'm visiting Denmark at the moment for 9 days and have all the clothes (I'm female, btw!!) I need ;)

I'm not sure how the size would suit you though - I needed one that would meet our strict hand baggage requirements for flying!