HELP! Buying advice for MBP 13 top spec with 128gb SSD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AppleCider, Sep 6, 2009.

  1. AppleCider macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2009
    #1
    Hello all,

    I need some advice about buying a new MacBook Pro 13 top spec with SSD.
    Im aware of the current promotion of an almost free iPod Touch 8gb (£20 total cost after rebate) included up until September the 8th.

    Now the problem is the new iPod range are released on Wednesday 9th (according to rumors, pictures and past releases) so do i buy the MBP now with the ipod touch and sell that, effectively knocking £140ish off my total cost one i sell it (i have iPhone 3GS so no need for a touch)

    OR

    Do i wait until after the 9th to see what the new offers may bring (if any???)

    Should i take the risk and wait for new offers OR take the plunge and buy it now while i can nab an almost free iPod touch which i can sell.

    Does anybody know how likely it is for a new offer to start for high education users after this current promotion finishes?

    Many thanks in advance
     
  2. Eric S. macrumors 68040

    Eric S.

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2008
    Location:
    Santa Cruz Mountains, California
    #2
    Very likely, but not until next June for a free iPod.

    And chances are slim that there will be any updates to the Macbook line on Sept. 9.
     
  3. Vster macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2005
    Location:
    Celina, TX
    #3
    You could always buy the computer now and sell the iPod on eBay to cover most of a new iPod which may be released on the 9th.
     
  4. Andy348 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 18, 2009
    Location:
    Montreal
    #4
    I'd buy the MBP now. I really doubt they'll be anything more than just iPods on the 8th.
     

Share This Page