HELP! Buying advice for MBP 13 top spec with 128gb SSD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AppleCider, Sep 6, 2009.

1. AppleCider macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I need some advice about buying a new MacBook Pro 13 top spec with SSD.
    Im aware of the current promotion of an almost free iPod Touch 8gb (£20 total cost after rebate) included up until September the 8th.

Now the problem is the new iPod range are released on Wednesday 9th (according to rumors, pictures and past releases) so do i buy the MBP now with the ipod touch and sell that, effectively knocking £140ish off my total cost one i sell it (i have iPhone 3GS so no need for a touch)

OR

Do i wait until after the 9th to see what the new offers may bring (if any???)

Should i take the risk and wait for new offers OR take the plunge and buy it now while i can nab an almost free iPod touch which i can sell.

Does anybody know how likely it is for a new offer to start for high education users after this current promotion finishes?

Many thanks in advance

2. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Very likely, but not until next June for a free iPod.

And chances are slim that there will be any updates to the Macbook line on Sept. 9.

3. Vster macrumors 6502

You could always buy the computer now and sell the iPod on eBay to cover most of a new iPod which may be released on the 9th.

4. Andy348 macrumors 6502

I'd buy the MBP now. I really doubt they'll be anything more than just iPods on the 8th.