Help buying an iPod clock radio

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by EHUnlucky7x9@ao, Nov 10, 2007.

1. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

Ok, so Christmas is coming as well as Black Friday.... I want to get all the presents for my family before the mayhem begins in every store here in Jersey....so I'm looking for an iPod Clock Radio.... a good one....

I'm looking for...
    1) one that has excellent sound quality....
    2) ability to charge the iPod as it is docked......
    3) have an AUX cable/port so I can connect it via 3.5mm audio jack to a Mac Mini and use it as a speaker.....
    4) have to ability to connect to a Mac via the original iPod cable so that I don't have to disconnect it from the clock radio for my ipod to show up on my iTunes.

Other pluses would be the ability to play CD's.....have an A/V output to connect to a TV to watch videos while the ipod is docked on the clock radio....

Anyone know if there's a clock radio out that that does this? Anyone with any suggestions?

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i don't think this is the right spot to look for something like this but ill try and help you out anyways. i have a ihome iH6BR. doesn't have everything you are looking for but its great and i use it everyday.

3. EHUnlucky7x9@ao thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks... i think this is the right forum though. It's the Advice forum. Maybe other MR members have some input they can provide?

4. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

if you go to ilounge.com all they do is talk about ipods and everything else to do with ipods. i think this is just more about macs as computers