help buying MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by enrincon89, Nov 21, 2014.

1. enrincon89 macrumors member

I want to buy a new laptop, should I buy this years Retina MacBook Pro or wait for next years model ? I currently have a 2011 MacBook Air

2. Zerka macrumors member

Should you wait? Short answer: If you want to.

That's a question no one can really answer yet. The skylake processors will have a better performance, but that doesn't mean the current processors aren't great. If you want to wait for an upgraded processor then waiting will be worth it in the long run. However it might be awhile before Apple updates its current line of MBPs, probably mid to late 2015. Personally, I won't be waiting. The current performance of the MBPs are great, good enough for me at least :rolleyes:

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Should I buy a Toyota Prius or a Lamborghini Aventador? I have a Scion tC.

Without details on what I plan to do with either, you can't answer my question without taking a stab in the dark.

Neither can we answer yours.

4. hrv888 macrumors 6502

I have the same question too. Seems like the black friday deals might be my answer though.

5. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

You all should state why the 2011 Air is no longer meeting your needs. If it isn't then why not, if it is but you just want a new machine then I'd wait a bit. If you need the power, get one now.