Help buying macbook.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Telefonkiosk, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Telefonkiosk macrumors member

After the new update on the macbooks, i'm all fired up to buy one!

Have some questions though, before I seal the deal!

1. What would be best? The cheapest modell + 120 gb harddrive (or eventually buy with 80gb and install a bigger one myself), or the middle modell. Don't really think I would be needing to superdrive really. I have never owned a dvd-burner, so it wont be a loss. had been nice to have the oppurunity though. Is 2.2.ghz much better then 2.0 to go for the middle one.

Keep in mind that I hope to play some Neverwinter Nights 1 and Knights of the old republic 1.

2. And battery time? I would like to take it with me on lectures, and then I need good batterylife for taking notes and surfing during the boring lectures:p

Thanks for the help:)

Hi

Considering buying the new macbook revision. Just wondering, how will the cheapest macbook perform on this games:

Neverwinter Nights 1
    SW: Knights of the old republic 1

Hope someone have the answers to this:)

Tries again, because noone answered my previous thread:p

How will the cheapest SR macbook with only 1gb ram perform in leopard? will it be hickups?

And will it be able to run games such as neverwinter nights 1?

Really hope someone could help me with this:)

2. rhys105 macrumors regular

rhys105

My advice would be to buy the lowest model with a 120gb hard drive, and go on eBay and get yourself a space battery so then if it runs out you can replace it.

also invest in a neoprene case for it. :)

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

It should run fine. Heck, it should run WoW pretty OK for an average gamer now that it has the X3100 in it.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It'll be faster than your wildest dreams can imagine.

5. TheStu macrumors 65816

The system in my sig can run Leopard perfectly, and i have played NWN on it, i haven't reinstalled since I upgraded to Leopard, but it ran great on the leopard beta.

6. Telefonkiosk thread starter macrumors member

Looking good:) I'll be ordering today then:)

Thanks

7. foidulus macrumors 6502a

I'd buy the low end model and use the savings to buy more ram and/or a 7200 rpm. On the macbooks both are user replaceable, and a faster hard drive may compensate for not having the extra 200 MHz, depending on how you use it.

8. Telefonkiosk thread starter macrumors member

I ordered the cheapest one, and modified it to 120 gb. Will probably buy some more ram in january.